The unvarnished truth
Elevate the accuracy of your audio monitoring to a new level with the precision and adaptability of the 8340A Smart Active Monitor. Top professionals the world over in recording studios, post-production houses, digital edit suites, radio, TV and outside broadcasting have come to rely on the unvarnished truth of the 8340A. Its wide and stable sweet spot promotes accurate, reliable mix decisions, and its bulletproof durability is essential for mission-critical applications.
- Active Crossovers
- Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) Technology
- SPL: 110dB
- Frequency Response: 38 Hz - 22 kHz (-6 dB)
- Dimensions: H 365 x W 237 x D 223 mm, with Iso-Pod™
- 1 x XLR Analog Input
- 1 x XLR AES/EBU Input
- 1 x XLR AES/EBU Output
- 2 x RJ45 Control
Truly optimised monitoring
As a Smart Active Monitor, the 8340A integrates closely with our GLM software via which it can be configured and calibrated for your listening environment, compensating for detrimental room influences to create a truly optimised monitoring solution from mono to immersive. So if you need to work in challenging acoustic spaces, the 8340A is your powerful but clever monitoring companion.
- 1x 8340A monitor
- 1x IsoPod
- 1x Mains power cable 1,8 m
- 1x RJ45 cable 5m
- 1x Operating manual
|Frequency response:||38 Hz - 22 kHz ("-6 dB")|
|Accuracy of Frequency Response:||± 1.5 dB (45 Hz - 20 kHz)|
|Driver Dimensions:||⌀ 165 mm Bass + ⌀ 19 mm Treble|
|Driver Type (Bass):||Cone|
|Driver Type (Treble):||Metal dome|
|Amplifier Power:||150 W Bass (Class D) + 150 W Treble (Class D)|
|Enclosure Type:||Reflex port|
|Enclosure Material:||Die cast aluminium|
|Power Consumption (ISS Active):||≤0.5 W|
|Power Consumption (Idle):||12 W|
|Power Consumption (Full Output):||180 W|
|Connections:||See "Additional Specifications"|
|Dimensions (h x w x d):||H 365 x W 237 x D 223 mm, with Iso-Pod™|
- 1x Analog signal input connector XLR female, balanced 10 kOhm.
- 1x Digital signal input connector XLR female 110 Ohm.
- 1x Digital signal output / Thru connector XLR male 110 Ohm.
- 2x CAT5 (RJ45) GLM Network connectors for computer control using the Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) software.