Sound Devices SL-2 Dual SuperSlot Wireless Module for 8-Series
Please contact us on +45 3120 7021 or email@example.com
Dual SuperSlot Wireless Module for 8-Series
Streamline your bag with the SL-2 Dual SuperSlot Wireless Module. This two slot-in wireless receiver integration system easily mounts to the top panel of any 8-Series mixer-recorder. UniSlot and SuperSlot™ wireless receivers from a variety of manufacturers are accepted, including Audio Ltd, Lectrosonics, Wisycom, and Sennheiser. The SuperSlot protocol supports up to four channels of wireless audio per slot.
An 8-Series mixer-recorder supplies power to the SL-2 and slotted-in receivers – no external DC connector needed. Analog or digital audio is sent from the receivers into the mixer-recorder via the expansion port, reducing messy cabling for power and audio connectivity. The SL-2 offers antenna distribution to slot-in receivers, spreading out the placement of antennas for better RF performance. The rear panel of the SL-2 is equipped with two TA3 connectors for an additional four inputs of AES3 audio and two 4-pin Hirose DC Outputs, each supplying up to 500 mA for powering additional equipment.
- Compatible with the 833, 888, and the Scorpio.
- Supports up to 8 channels of audio.
- Accepts two UniSlot or SuperSlot wireless receivers from Audio Ltd, Lectrosonics, Sennheiser, and Wisycom.
- Built-in antenna distribution with antenna powering for active antennas or boosters.
- Supports remote control of third party smart antennas.
- Two auxiliary MCX antenna ports for connecting other receivers or RF distribution.
- Two TA3 AES3 inputs for 4 channels of digital audio.
- Two DC Outputs via Hirose 4-pin connectors, each supplying up to 500 mA.
- Powers via an 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- Accepts either analog or digital audio from slot-in receivers.
- Ability to set and monitor multiple functions of a SuperSlot-compatible receiver from the 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- RF Scan with visual representation of the RF spectrum.
- Monitor transmitter battery, receiver audio, and RF levels.
- Rugged, lightweight, and compact design.
- Mounts to the top of any 8-Series mixer-recorder.
- Same width as the 833.
- 1x SL-2 Dual SuperSlot Wireless Module
- 2x Black Rubber Slot Protectors
- 2x Rear Keyhole Pegs
- 6x Screw 6mm STEEL M3 low-profile (only needed for Scorpio)
- 1x SL-2 Front Bracket for Scorpio (only needed for Scorpio)
- 1x SL-2 Rear Bracket for Scorpio (only needed for Scorpio)
- 1x 2 mm Allen Wrench Hex 2-1/16”L
- All power supplied by host 8-series machine
- SL-2 idle power draw 1.3 W (without receivers or antenna)
- Antenna Impedance
- 50 ohms
- 50 ohms
- Antenna Powering
- 12V at 200 mA, menu selectable on/off
- Serial remote control, Wisycom-compatible for ADFA and LFA powered antenna etc.
- Antenna Pre-select Filters
- Menu selectable:
- Wideband/bypass (low pass filter, 1.7 GHz upper cut-off)
- 470-614 MHz
- 542-694 MHz
- 606-770 MHz
- 770-960 MHz
- 1240-1260 MHz
Input RF Attenuators
- 0 to -1 8dB, in 6 dB steps, menu selectable
- Auxiliary Antenna Outputs for additional receiver
DC Outputs 1-2
- 500 mA max (each), 6-18 VDC passed through from host 8-series machine, depending on power source. Hirose 4-pin connector: pin 4 = +, pin 1 = ground.
- Two pairs for a total of four channels, AES-3 balanced, 110 ohms, TA-3 connectors
- H x W x D
- 4.5 cm x 21.3 cm x 13.1 cm
- (1.8 in x 8.4 in 5.1 in)
- 1.35 lbs (unpackaged)
- 0.61 kg (unpackaged)