DPA 4066 CORE Omni Headset Mic
Pristine sound and durability
This microphone offers clean and transparent sound quality with lots of headroom. For years, this has been the chosen headset mic for broadcasters as well as theaters on Broadway, as well as in many auditorium and lecture halls. This is due to its pristine sound and durability.
- NORMAL size headset fits most adults.
- SMALL Size well on most children as well as
- Resistant to humidity
- Double-vent protection system
- Modular adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
The headset construction is unique. You can detach the mic boom from the headset mount to switch it to either the left or right side and then reattach it. Humidity, often an issue in theatrical applications, is not a problem. This microphone is constructed with a double-vent protection system and a drop stopper on the microphone boom. Also, the materials inside the mic are water resistant. These design elements make it very difficult for the microphone to fail due to humidity.
The microphone’s sensitivity is 6 mV/Pa. This matches the level of the human voice to the general input sensitivity of most wireless transmitters. If powered correctly, the microphone will be able to handle very high sound pressure levels up to 144 dB SPL before clipping occurs.
All CORE by DPA technology microphones are IP58 certified. This durability is achieved through a number of defense mechanisms:
- Water-repellant nano-coating of the cover and housing
- Hermetic sealing of the sensitive amplifier at the core of the mic
- Dual gold plating of the diaphragm
DPA 4066 Frequency Response:
Typical on and off-axis response of a 4066
DPA 4066 Polar Pattern:
Typical directional characteristics of a 4066
- 1x DPA 4066 CORE Omni Headset Mic
- 5x Foam Windscreen
- 1x Soft-boost Grid
- 1x High-boost Grid