Sound Devices A20 QuickDock - NEXUS to 8-series quick release dock
Please contact us on +45 3120 7021 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NEXUS to 8-series quick release dock
Additionally, the A20-Nexus can be docked to Sound Devices 833, 888, or Scorpio mixer-recorders using the A20-QuickDock accessory, which provides convenient power, audio, and timecode connections with no additional cables. This accessory allows the A20-Nexus to connect and disconnect from the 833, 888, or Scorpio in seconds with no tools, and be remote mounted when desired.
When docked on an 8-Series:
- Power must be provided by the 8-Series - A20-Nexus power inputs (TA4 and PoE+) are disabled.
- The A20-Nexus and its Nexlinked transmitters are controlled from the A20-Nexus front panel or its web app. The 8-Series user interface is not used for control.
- Most A20-Nexus rear panel connectors are disabled apart from the antenna connectors, the USB-A port and the Ethernet ports.
- The USB-A port has the following capabilities when A20-Nexus is docked on an 8-Series:
- Pairing A20-Mini transmitters to the A20-Nexus by connecting a USB-C cable from the transmitter to the USB-A port.
- Attaching a USB keyboard for entering text directly (e.g. receiver channel names) into the A20-Nexus.
- Mounting a USB thumb drive for updating A20-Nexus firmware.
- Jamming 8-Series timecode to an A20-Mini via the A20-Nexus.
- When docked to an 8-Series, the A20-Nexus Ethernet ports can only be used for control, not Dante.
- 1x Mounting plate with detachable Quick Release mechanism and multi-pin connector.
- 2 mm and 1/16” allen keys.
- 4x 1/16” allen screws for securing the mounting plate to the bottom of the A20-Nexus.
- Three long 2 mm and two short 2 mm allen mounting pillars for securing the rear of the A20-Nexus with mounting plate to the top of the 8-Series.